Monday, August 3, 2009

And suddenly, my whole world changed....

Oh, my. Where to begin.

I'll back it up.

Saturday. The humans are off doing what they do. I'm outside running around, chasing rabbit smells and all is right with the world.

They come home. I know they're there, but they don't come get me. A little odd, but whatev, I have a yard to run laps around.

Finally, after what seems like an eternity, he slooooowly opens the door and starts talking to me. But it's not a happy voice. It's that slow, deliberate "you-had-better-do-exactly-as-I-say-and-be-very-careful" voice that he uses when the very small, squeaky humans come to visit and crawl around on my floor.

Anyway, he holds on tightly to my collar and walks me across the room. Now, I'm smelling something funny, but I am not prepared for this:




Sitting, there, in my cage is this little, black something or other. I was SO confused. It definitely wasn't a little dog...and it wasn't one of the rabbits I chase around the backyard...what WAS it?? and why did it keep reaching through the cage and swatting my nose??



I COULDN'T BELIEVE THE HUMANS WERE SO CALM ABOUT IT. I stared and I stared and I stared as if to say, "I don't know what you are or where you came from, but I will not let you out of my sight not for one single second and just what are your intentions coming in here?? Too bad I can't get in there or I would box you to a PULP!"



I tried to warn them, but they didn't care!! This THING was in my house and they were completely OBLIVIOUS! The absurdity of it is beyond comprehension.

But wait, friends, it gets better.

They were not only OK with it being there, but they TOUCHED IT! Look at this one! She is holding and speaking to it in a happy voice. Yep, a happy voice. Directed at it, not me.



So, for the rest of the day I stared and I sniffed and I kept a close and wary eye on this creature.

This thing was NOT about to take my humans down.

Not on my watch.

But we all know they aren't the brightest and there is no telling what they'll get themselves into.



(um, yes, if you're wondering this thing had the AUDACITY to curl up in my bed. It has no idea how tough I can be and I would have showed it, except everytime I tried to put it in its' place, the humans jumped all over me, making me sit and telling me to be "gentle." And then it would come tearing at me from across the room, jump on my face and bite my eye! what???)

Well, over the next few days, I kept a careful eye on this thing.

It tore around my house and they keep talking to it in a happy voice. But they keep talking to me in a happy voice too. They took me for a run. Then they took me to Dairy Queen and I got a pup cup. I wasn't sure what they were trying to do.



Oh, and "it" is apparently known as "Molly." And she runs around and around and around the house. And I chase her. Then, when she gets tired, she curls up with me and makes a funny buzzing sound.

It's all very bizarre. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Staci said...

Oggy you are a good doggy!! We are proud of you that you are so nice to little Molly!!